Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

San Francisco: the Food

I am not one of those people who Instagram their every meal. But goodness people, the food we ate in San Francisco was something else!

Shall we do dessert first?

Schoggi is a chocolate shop we stopped at on our way to Yerba Buena. I'd heard about it from a food blog I read, and it didn't disappoint. It offers plenty of the standard chocolates and truffles, and some odd ducks as well. I tried a curry flavored chocolate and was pleasantly surprised!


Smittens is an ice cream shop my brother-in-law insisted we had to try. It was so good, we went twice!
This is not a fancy place. They have a few narrow benches, inside the small patio and waiting area of the converted box container. They are all about the dessert, without the bells and whistles. They use liquid nitrogen to freeze their ice cream without large ice crystals.
The result is some of the creamiest, most delicious ice cream I've ever had from a restaurant. They only offer three or four flavors at a time, but they do it very, very well.
Yummmm!

Right across the street from Smittens is Miette, a French-style sweet shop. I'd heard about this one from a food blog I follow, and I'm glad I went!
They have chocolate, cupcakes, hard candy, cookies, cakes, and some of the best macarons I've had in my life.

If you have a sweet tooth, Miette and Smittens are the place to indulge. Oh, yes.

Roam Burger is an artisan restaurant, as are many in San Francisco. Sorry I don't have pics for this part. I was busy chowing down! Their menu reminds me of Chipotle's, in that you choose a meat, and then a style to assemble your burger. It's certainly enough food! My brother-in-law recommended the Truffle Parmesan Fries. Also, you're not limited to beef or turkey burgers. They also offer organic veggie burgers and bison, of all things. If you're craving a burger, this is the place to go.

We went to many other restaurants, all wonderful, but these are the ones that stood out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment