Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Birthday Wishes Revisited

Last year, I wrote a post about what I wanted for my birthday. We were in the thick of my husband's health issues and waiting with uncertainty for Penny to be born. In my anguish, all I really wanted was health for my family.

God loves to give His children good gifts. (Matthew 7:9-11)

Looking back, I really can say that God has granted my birthday wishes. Yes, both. Not in the way I wanted, but in the way that was best.

Celebrating five years since our first date.

My husband has been feeling great for a long time, and it is thanks to a simple, mild medication. He can go weeks without feeling bad at all. 



What I wanted was for Penny to be something she wasn't. God made her down to her very chromosomes, and she was given to us for a few special days. The doctors couldn't guarantee us even a few minutes, but God blessed us with days. He may not have given me a healthy daughter, but He gave me time. And now she is perfect and healthy and loved with Him.

Instead of sharing birthday wishes this year, I'm sharing birthday praises. I'm so thankful for the answers to prayer that I have been given over the last year. Hallelujah. God is good all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment