Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Write

Five Minute Friday

Today, I'm joining up with Lisa Jo Baker's "Five Minute Friday" movement. Every Friday, people join together to write for five minutes about the same topic. Here's my thought on this week's topic.

Write

I've always been told I was a good writer. From the time I started writing paragraphs for FCAT practice, to essays in high school, I have been encouraged to write by teachers.

Now that I'm an adult it seems like I hardly ever make the time to write. Or, is it that I'm too bogged down to write? I worry that I have nothing interesting to say. I'm afraid of sounding judgmental if I do have something to say. If I sit down with an idea for a novel, I'm concerned about what people will think, and God forbid if it reads like a dime store romance novel!

I love to read. I love to create art. But it takes bravery to write.

2 comments:

  1. You've got that right, Laura! It does take bravery to write. And for some of us, it's in the writing that we BECOME brave. Soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think we need to listen more to what others say than the voices of fear in our own heads. If you've had people tell you you're a good writer, then own it!

    ReplyDelete