Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Homemade Baby Food

I love making August's baby food! I don't know what it is about it - if it's using the food processor, if it's knowing what's in his food, if it's his enjoyment of eating what I make - but I love it. 

I give him about two new foods a week, spaced about four days apart to be sure he doesn't have a reaction to it. So far he's had squash, green beans, carrots, sweet potato, avocado, and applesauce. He didn't care for the avocado or applesauce, so we'll try those again in a few weeks. I already have banana, pears, and strawberries puréed and frozen for when he's ready. It's easy to just shop for the produce that's on sale, and it does help us consume all the vegetables we buy weekly. 

I can't wait until he's older and I get to try new food combinations for him. In just a couple weeks we'll be able to start him on protein, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment