Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Trust is Hard

Another young couple in our church just gave birth to a little girl at just 30 weeks pregnant. Their baby's still in the NICU, but thank God she seems to be thriving in the hospital's care. Although their baby's problems are not the same as ours, it hurts my heart that they have to go through this. There is nothing like finding out that your precious child is hurting, or has something wrong with her, and there is nothing you, Mommy, can do about it.

A lot of families in our church are pregnant or just had babies, so I feel surrounded in both good and sad ways. 

At the same time I'm becoming aware of a lot of hurting families in our church as well. Not just pregnancy problems, but health and family complications, divorce, deaths, diseases... the list goes on. 

Why is God giving us all of these things at once? I don't know. I may never know. It's depressing sometimes. It makes me long for the New Heavens and New Earth where no more babies will be born sick, or too early, or stillborn. 

I do know that God has given me a situation in life where there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. 

Only rely on Him. 

Which is so hard. But necessary. He knows how Penny is growing, and how long or short her life will be. He knows exactly what her life is for. I have to let go of the plans I have for her and trust that the Lord has better plans. Already little Penny has made an impact on a lot of people. She's made an impact on me. 

1 comment:

  1. You write so eloquently Laura! Thanks for sharing your heart. I know that little Penny has made an impact on my life as well! She has taught me how precious and short life is and that we should make the most of the moments we have with the ones we love :) Love you!!!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete