Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yard Sales

Sometimes it takes some digging, but I've found that yard sales usually have some gems worth investigating.

Now, I'm not the type to get up early on a Saturday and go looking for all the garage sales, researching what is of value and what is simply old junk. No, I'm the type that when I get out to do errands around 10am, I'll stop at the picked over yard sales in my neighborhood to see if there's anything worth having. I've been able to find some good movies, potted plants, and such that way.

Today, as my husband and I were getting ready to do errands, he noticed a yard sale down the road and we decided to investigate. Providence was on our side! In a box of fifty cent children's books, we found some of Dr. Seuss's greatest books. Yertle, Horton, Grinch, and Lorax all in pretty good condition and with original artwork.

We were thrilled to find these books, not only because we're looking to start a family, but also because these books are, well... classics! We both have childhood memories of reading these books over and over, loving Seuss's rhyme and rhythm. My husband still says that the Lorax doesn't sound right unless it's read in his father's voice.

I hope one day our kid's will feel the same way about these brilliant bits of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment